Monday, March 4, 2013

One of My Favorite Days

Several years ago one of my sisters sent me the following poem. It meant a lot to me, and I wanted to share it with you today:

One of My Favorite Days
(March Fourth)

We all love Christmas. Halloween is scary sweet.
I'm thankful for Thanksgiving, boy how we eat!
Then there's our birthday which is really fun.
New Year's Eve is festive but we're a little tired come January One.

Easter is delightful! Fourth of July fireworks are great!
There is St. Patrick's, Presidents, Valentines, Veterans, Labor,
Columbus, Flag, Father's, Mother's, Martin Luther King, . . .
How do we keep track of all of these darn dates?

When I look at my one year calendar,
March Fourth is one of my favorite days.
Nothing much happened in history.
It's just what the day has to say!

When you have problems, March Forth!
When things don't work out, March Forth!
When bad things happen, March Forth!
When you lose, March Forth!

When anything can happen, March Forth says it all.
When something does happen,
Get up, Brush off, and March Forth,
Because we're all bound to fall.

--Anders Rasmussen

No comments: